The department provides advanced infrastructure for better understanding of the body structure and design of human engineering, which is the key essence of diagnosis and treatment.
In the urge of satisfying the above mentioned goals, our department is in association with central government institute IBMS, Tharamani-Chennai. Which facilitate our students to learn anatomy through cadaver dissections. The department gallery exhibits body parts, human skeleton, joint modules, Individual bones etc., The department multimedia section has extensive collections of cassettes, CD’s, and softwares to establish interactive learning.
The department has adopted key strategy to impart the practical skills to acquire theoretical knowledge of body functions. Our laboratory is standardized with the sophisticated testing and analysis equipments. The high resolution Microscopes, Centrifuge apparatus, moist and heat sterilization instruments, laboratory reagents, Incentive spirometer, Peak flow meter, pedometer, suction port, procedure couch, maniquet etc., are installed to serve the purpose.
Department of Neurology
Electro Neuro Physiology
The EMG Laboratory, based in the Department of Neurology, provides up-to-date diagnostic support for patients with neuromuscular disorders. This Laboratory combines the expertise of Physiotherapist specialized in clinical neuromuscular disorders with state-of-the-art technology to offer the latest in diagnosis and treatment
The department is equipped with High end sophisticated ALERON 401 – 4 Channel, which is the ideal EMG / NCV / EP System for any Neuro-physiological applications.
Electro diagnostic equipment can perform nerve conduction studies and electromyography (EMG). The results are useful in making a diagnosis and determining the prognosis of nerve and muscle disorders.
Pulmonary Function Tests
Spirometer is one of the equipments used for basic Pulmonary Function Tests (PFTs). The department is equipped with the Fully computerized, high degree accuracy – Helios 401 Spirometer. It is useful as a preliminary test of the health condition for patient's lung. Lung diseases such as asthma, bronchitis, and emphysema can be ruled out from the tests. Besides, it often used for finding the cause for shortness of breath, assess the effects of contaminants on lung functions, effect of medication, and progress for disease treatment.
The key stone of this fitness studio is the advanced motorized and digital AFTON- treadmill. We have specially incorporated the multipara monitor to add the features such as heart rate monitor, oxygen saturation level, breath rate, breathing pattern, stress ECG, Blood pressure step count, number of calories expended, the exact calculation and adjustment of slope and speed. As many of the factors of the activity are known, the energy expended may be calculated. Exercising on a treadmill can reduce the strain to the ankles, knees and lower back that would be involved in running on a normal surface.
Department of Orthopaedics
* Low level laser therapy (LLLT) is a medical treatment which uses low-level lasers or light-emitting diodes to stimulate or inhibit cellular function
* The college has equipped to offer recent innovation to the reach of public and students. EC- LASER is a Versatile Helium Neon Laser of 632.8nm wave length with infra red laser of 830 nm.
* EC-Laser is very useful for treating patients with pain, inflammation, pressure sores and ulcers. He Ne Laser has excellent wound healing properties. Useful for patients from departments of Orthopaedics, Physiotherapy, Plastic Surgery, Dermatology, Rehabilitation and Sports Medicine.
* The goals are to provide superior clinical outcomes for our patients to restore quality of life and lessen the need for drugs or surgery.
The Bicycle ergometer has long been used in our physical therapy department because of the low-impact, safe, and effective cardiovascular exercise it provides. The low-impact movement involved in operating an exercise bike does not put much stress on joints and does not involve sporadic motions that some other fitness equipment may require. Exercise bikes are used for exercise, to increase general fitness, training for cycle events and for weight loss.
Department of Sports Physiotherapy
Hand and body Evaluation
This department is well furnished with all instruments needed for a full hand evaluation.
* Hydraulic Hand 200 lb Dial Gauge Dynamometer
* Hydraulic 30lb Pinch Gauge
* Finger Goniometer
* The Hydraulic Hand Dynamometer is ideal for screening of grip strength of initial and ongoing evaluation of patients with hand trauma and dysfunction. The Grip strength is measured by the hand dynamometer and the pinch strength by the mechanical pinch gauge.
* Skin fold Caliper is a monitoring device to indicate changes in body composition over time
*Skin fold measurements are widely utilized to assess body composition which is simpler than hydrostatic weighing and many of the other body composition techniques
* The Skin fold Caliper is a precision instrument designed for use in the performance of skin fold thickness measurements from which estimates of body fat are derived.
The prime ideology is to provide tailor made exercise rehabilitation to the individuals and the targeted groups. Our department can be functionally classified as follows, Muscular re-education unit to treat muscle paralysis and paresis, walking school to train correct gait pattern, Cerebral palsy unit to rehabilitate the pediatric population, Cardiovascular fitness to enhance the function of the heart and lungs, Gym facility to empower the muscle strength endurance, group therapy unit to accommodate 50 patients at a time.
Massage & Manipulative therapy
* The ancient skill in the form of modern scientific therapy. This department demands ambient environment, which is efficiently offered by controlling the room temperature, ventilation, and humidity.
* The appropriate positioning couches, electronic massagers, Lubricants, draping materials, manipulative belts and most importantly the skillful faculties who impart the manipulative skill to the students.
* The knowledge of surface anatomy and palpation skills are acquired through the multimedia learning resources and by practicing on human models.
One of the greatest inventions of human civilization is electric current. This department plays a vital role in using the electric energy for the rehabilitation of the patients. The safety and the accuracy is the main concern of this department in delivering their role. It has computerized Interferential therapy (IFT), Short wave diathermy (SWD), Diagnostic Electrical stimulator with Galvanic and Faradic current generation, Ultra sound therapy, Traction machine with dual action for both cervical and Lumbar spine, Wax therapy with auto stat facility to maintain the temperature, Hydrocollatrol unit, High degree knee flexion and extension (CPM) Continuous Passive Movements, IRR - Infra Red Radiation therapy, UVR -Ultra Violet Radiation therapy and Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation (TENS).