BACHELOR OF PHYSIOTHERAPY DEGREE [B.P.T – 4 ½ Years Course]
Duration of the course:
The course shall extend over a period of four academic years. Each year comprising of one annual exam and the candidates will be full time students of the course.
The University Examination in all the subjects will commence from 1st August and 1st February each year.
The student shall be doing a compulsory full time internship extending over a period of six months in both Government and private hospitals approved by the university after having passed all the subjects from First year to Final year. They will be posted in various departments as recommended by the University.
Eligibility Criteria for B.P.T
* A Individual pass in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry & Biology (or) Botany & Zoology both Theory & Practical. A minimum 50% of marks in each of the above subjects is mandatory.
* A Candidate should have completed the age of 17 years at the time of admission or would complete 17 years of age on or before 31st December of the year of admission into 1st year of B.P.T Degree course.
MASTER OF PHYSIOTHERAPY [M.P.T – 2 Years Course]
Elective Subjects Offered
1. Physiotherapy in Orthopaedics
2. Physiotherapy in Neurology
3. Physiotherapy in Cardio Pulmonary conditions
4. Sports Physiotherapy
Duration of the course:
The course shall extend over a period of two academic years. Each year comprising of one annual exam and the candidates will be full time students of the course.
The University Examination in all the subjects will commence from 2nd week of April and October every year.
Eligibility Criteria for M.P.T
* Candidate should have passed BPT Degree Examination from the Tamilnadu Dr MGR Medical University with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks, or from any other University accepted by the authority of this University as equivalent there to.
* Candidate should have completed the BPT Internship before 30th of April every year or such date as prescribed by The Tamilnadu Dr MGR Medical University.
* Candidates who had completed BPT Degree from other than The Tamil Nadu Dr MGR Medical University should obtain a Migration Certificate from their University of study. They should get the Eligibility Certificate from The Tamilnadu Dr MGR Medical University and should be submitted before the last week of May every year.